The Sustainable Wedding Awards, held on February 1st at BMA House in London, celebrated the UK wedding industry’s dedication to environmentally conscious practices and positive impact. Following the inspiring Sustainable Wedding Summit, the awards ceremony recognised businesses and individuals leading the charge towards a more sustainable future.
These prestigious awards honour those who balance people, profit, and planet, championing innovative ideas, impactful initiatives, and unwavering commitment to sustainability. The judging panel, comprised of industry experts and sustainability advocates, carefully evaluated submissions across seven categories.
And the winners are:
- Sustainable Start-Up Award: Somerset Blooms, for their seasonal approach to environmentally friendly floral design.
- Sustainable Change Maker Award: Celia Gaze from The Wellbeing Farm, for her inspiring leadership and passion for sustainability.
- Best Sustainable Swap Award: Commonwork Trust at Bore Place, for its dedication to environmental and social sustainability .
- Building Biodiversity Award: Oxleaze Barn, for nurturing a thriving ecosystem on its grounds.
- Net Zero Leader Award: The Wellbeing Farm, for its dedication to carbon reduction and sustainability education.
- Sustainable by Design Award: Featherstone English Flower Co., for its commitment to local, seasonal, and sustainable flower practices.
- Sustainable Supply Chain Award: Treseren, for its commitment to ethical sourcing and responsible partnerships.
In addition to the main categories, the Judges awarded a Judge’s Choice Award. They selected Mercedes from 4YaParty Weddings & Events, for her dedication to sustainability throughout the planning and execution of events.
Each winner received a unique trophy – a houseplant in a recycled ocean plastic pot, provided by member business Löv Leaf, further supporting the sustainability message.
“We are incredibly proud to recognise these exceptional businesses and individuals,” said Michelle Miles, founder of the Sustainable Wedding Awards. “Their dedication to sustainability inspires others and paves the way for a more responsible and environmentally conscious wedding industry. We were particularly impressed by the diverse range of initiatives, showcasing the endless possibilities for sustainable practices within weddings.”
The evening mood was set perfectly by the live music, provided by artists from Bespoke Live, another member business.
The Sustainable Wedding Awards serve as a beacon of hope and inspiration, demonstrating the power of collaboration and commitment to create a more sustainable future for the wedding industry and beyond.
#SustainableWeddings #SWAwards #CelebrateSustainability