Sustainable Wedding Alliance


We are pleased to be able launch the Sustainable Wedding Alliance Scholarship, helping businesses, like yours, become more sustainable.

What is the membership scholarship?

Over the last two years, businesses across the wedding industry have been hit hard by the pandemic, leaving many unable to invest in making their businesses more sustainable.  From our research, we know that many businesses have the willingness, but not the funds to start their sustainable journey.

The scholarship gives those businesses, the opportunity to start making significant progress towards becoming sustainable now.

The scholarship covers 80% of the membership fees for the first year, with the remaining 20% being paid by the business.

The Sustainable Wedding Alliance Scholarship is supported by the Sheepdrove Trust.

Ready to apply?

Complete the form below to apply for the Sustainable Wedding Alliance membership scholarship.


Membership Scholarship | Application Form
First Name
Last Name
Full address including county and postcode
Please enter your business email address
Please enter the best number to contact you on
Please state the reason for your application in 500 words or less. This must include why you require the financial support of the scholarship.
Please include a description of your company. Max. 250 words. This description will be used as your membership directory entry if your application is successful.

Maximum file size: 52.43MB

Maximum file size: 52.43MB

Do you have a sustainability policy in place?
You can view our terms of service at

Frequently asked questions

Feel free to get in touch if you have a question about the scholarship that isn’t answered here.

Who can apply for the membership scholarship?

You may be eligible for the scholarship if the business has:

  • Been financially affected by the pandemic
  • Started on its sustainable journey but needs help to take the next step
When and how can I apply?

Applications for the membership scholarship open on 1st November 2021.

Please complete this application form available above.

We may contact you to obtain additional information to support your application.

The Sustainable Wedding Alliance reserves the right to amend or withdraw the eligibility criteria for membership scholarship without prior notice.


How long does the scholarship last?

You can apply for the membership for one year. Your membership scholarship will be for 12 months, after which time the full membership fee will be due.

How much does the membership scholarship cost?

The membership scholarship covers 80% of the membership fee. For the latest fees, please visit the membership page on the website. Membership fees are based on the size of the business. Membership is for a 12-month period.

How is payment made for the additional part of the membership fee?

If your application is successful, you will be requested to pay the remaining 20% of the membership fee by invoice, within 30 days. Payment by bank transfer. Once payment has been confirmed you will be requested to complete the membership form on the website, giving you full access to the Members Area.

How long will it take for a decision to be made on my application?

We aim to make a decision on all applications within one week of them being submitted, however it can take up to two weeks during busy periods.

Do I need to become accredited within the first 12 months?

We appreciate that it may not be possible for all businesses to become accredited within the first 12 months, however all businesses that join the membership scholarship will be expected to uplift their sustainability assessment score in their first 12 months of membership.